Mozzarella sticks are one of my favorite things to eat when I feel like I am hungry but don't really want to have a meal. This recipe is simple and easy to use.
- cup flour
- mozzarella/string cheese
- vegetable oil
- pizza/marinara sauce
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Coat each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Dip in egg and crumbs again.
- Freeze before frying.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
This recipe comes from an amazing website: https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/mozzarella-sticks-30977